Monday, February 6, 2012

Pinterest Recipe Reviews

Okay...if your like me Pinterest has become an addiction.  You have quotes, fashion, recipes, crafts...galore pinned to your board, but between real life and "pinning" you haven't had time to try the recipes and make the crafts you've pinned.  Well I'm setting a goal to try at least 2 recipes per week...so hear's my review of the latest recipes I've tried.

Slowcooker Chunky Chicken Chili
This was actually first pinned by my daughter LauraKate, she asked me to make it...It's pretty bad when your kid starts creating menus for you based on pinterest...LOL.
Okay so if you follow the link on the recipe title you'll find the recipe...I followed the recipe except I didn't use kidney beans...I went with pinto.  We're just not big kidney bean fans at our house.  The kids loved it!!  My husband however was not quite so impressed...in fact his response was it's okay, but why can't we just have real chili...LOL.  Which isn't much of a surprise he's not so good with change.
So would I recommend the recipe? Yes I thought it was really good...not too spicy and an easy choice for a busy day...unless of course you have a husband who is resistant to change:)  This is a pic of the chili I made...served it with tortilla chips.


Next up...Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes...this was my personal favorite and my husband loved it too ...but guess what...the kids didn't like this one.  Oh well, I just let them eat left over Chunky Chicken Chili. I pretty much followed the recipe as written but didn't make the cheese sauce, and I served the sloppy joes on baguettes from Panera Bread (I love Panera...just say'n). So your thinking if you didn't make the cheese sauce what did you do (it is after all Philly CHEESE Steak)...well first I spread a little butter on the sliced baguettes...toasted them for just a sec...and then then put a slice of havarti cheese on them and toasted them a little longer...PERFECTION...havarti is so creamy when it's melted...try it you'll like it. So will I make it again, and what would I change?  Yes I will make it again (I really loved this one), but next time I will keep the green peppers and onion separate from the meat mixture so my kids will eat it. This is the pic from Pinterest...I didn't take one of my own.


Hope every one has a wonderful day...Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment